Manufacture and Supply of Switchrooms and Low Voltage Switchboards
In 2012, Lai Switchboards was engaged by the Laing O’Rourke & GE Joint Venture to deliver all of the Low Voltage packaged switch rooms and site infrastructure control panels for the Northern Water Treatment Plant. This advanced facility will treat 100 million liters of water per day. The project also includes the delivery of all related infrastructure associated with QGC’s northern gas fields. When complete, it will be one of the largest water plants in Australia.
The work performed by Lai Industries included the following.
- The Manufacture and Supply of 9 complete switchrooms up to 30 meters in length.
- The Manufacture and Supply of 23+ MCC’s utilizing the Cubic system for electrical panel construction. MCC’s consisting of:
- Over 320 individual Motor Starter/Feeder cells including DOL and VSD control.
- 70 Air Circuit breaker’s up to 3200 Amps, including control sections.
- 18 PLC sections including field marshalling using Allen Bradley ControlLogix and remote I/O.
- Motor Soft Starters up to 330kw
- VSD supply and control up to 355kw
- The Manufacture and Supply of 20+ Distribution Boards for lighting, general power and air conditioning.
- Installation of Network/communications panels within the switchrooms.
- Installation of all relevant VSD drives within the switchroom.
A very high standard of Quality Control including manufacture, testing and documentation was demanded to deliver the project successfully and on time.
This was achievable by maintaining strong ties and communications with our client Laing O’Rourke.