Supply of Main Switchboards and Motor Control Centres
The Christies Beach Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) in Adelaide, underwent several capacity upgrades since it was commissioned in the 1970s but this $272 million upgrade by principal SA Water, involved a much broader scope of objectives and many leading contractors including KBR, Leighton Contractors & Leed Engineering & Construction over a 3 year project period.
The project increased the treatment capacity of the plant & provided improved effluent quality primarily through the construction of a new upgraded inlet works and a new membrane bioreactor secondary process train.
This project consisted of 5x Fully Wired Motor Control Centres, 40x Local Control Panels as well as Various L&P Distribution Boards & Control panels, also constructed was a new replacement A&B Plant 1600A 30kA Main Switchboard as an upgrade to the existing Supply.
Lai Industries were awarded the contract for the C07 Upgrade by Leighton Contractors for the supply of the following Switchboards:
- 1600A A&B Plant Replacement Main Switchboard.
- 5x Fully Wired Motor Control Centres
- Outdoor Sludge Dewatering Local Control Panel
- 40x Outdoor Stainless Steel Local Control Panels
- Generator Fused Connection Cubicle
- Outdoor Stainless Steel PLC Control Panel